Chapter 2: Trial

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Chapter 2: Trial

Post by Monobear on Wed May 01, 2013 10:20 pm

The ride was long and silent, and seemed longer than the first, but finally, the doors opened. "Welcome to the trial, you sorry bastards!" Monobear said, sitting in his throne, as before. "Hope you liked the change of scenery. Maybe that'll get your... sleuth skills going. Not that most of you have some." The walls were patterned purple, with green polka dots. Someone didn't have fashion sense.

The bear waited for the students to take their stand before talking again. "You all know the drill. in fact, you saw it with your own eyes not too long ago! Was it two days ago? Time flies when you're murdering your friends, upupupupu!"

"Now, let's mix it up. Laura Beastly, how about you start? We're gonna go clockwise."
Monobear
Admin

Super High School Level : Despair

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter 2: Trial

Post by Laura Besley on Wed May 01, 2013 10:25 pm

Laura took her place at her usual podium, right across from Asher's. "Oh, yeah. Looks like I'm first this time. Same difference, really. He never had much to contribute." She looked down, trying to gather her thoughts.

"All I know is that Oscar Barnes was murdered, and I didn't do it. I was in the kitchen until 11:40 last night, just before the murder happened. Herbert can vouch for me, 'cause he was there too." She sighed. "I also can't believe I even need to point this out, but Ozzy was dragged at some point. I couldn't have done that by myself."
Laura Besley

Super High School Level : Dirt Bike Rider

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adda Geist on Wed May 01, 2013 10:28 pm

Adda stood at her podium, a new determination in her eye.

"I think it's fair to say that I didn't do this. And neither did Marci. We were together during early night, though."
Adda Geist

Super High School Level : Occultist

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Marci Gracidon on Wed May 01, 2013 10:41 pm

She looked next to her, at Adda, and nodded. "I was with Adda until and after the time of his murder. It couldn't of been either of us...and really, if you ever suspected either of us, I'm appalled."
Marci Gracidon

Super High School Level : Poet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Asher Reizen on Wed May 01, 2013 10:43 pm

Asher crossed his arms and shifted his stance, his eyes glancing around the court room.

"Can't say my alibi's solid. I was asleep during the time of it all."
Asher Reizen

Super High School Level : Carny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by David River on Wed May 01, 2013 10:51 pm

He stood at his place and looked at everyone curiously, then sighed.

"I was asleep," he said simply, looking down. "I slept the whole night, actually. I guess that's not the best alibi, huh?"
David River

Super High School Level : Chauffeur

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Eloise Rutford on Wed May 01, 2013 11:11 pm

Eloise tapped on her podium, a cheerful rhythm. The court's blinding colors made her feel like she was trapped in an optical illusion.

Someone else was about to die. She couldn't lie to herself anymore.

"I'm afraid I was sleeping too. What a coincidence!" She began, "But my alibi won't be an issue!" She made a dramatic motion towards Herbert, sure he was going to make his accusation.
Eloise Rutford

Super High School Level : Disguise Artist

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbert Smith on Wed May 01, 2013 11:12 pm

Herbert crossed his arms, a confident smile on his face. "Et wasn't me, ah was wit Laura, n' she's sayin tha same thing. And ain't no fuckin' way I'd colab wit her onna murder. That's someone else's job." He closed his eyes, tilting his head in a pretentious manner.

"Sides, ah can prove who et was n' a heartbeat. Ah'll shoot tha killer's flimsy little alibi down fastern' my dad could kill a deer!"
Herbert Smith

Super High School Level : Game Hunter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Laura Besley on Wed May 01, 2013 11:15 pm

Laura stared at Herbert, frustrated. ""How could you possibly accuse me of that?" she asked, the anger clear in her voice. "I couldn't have been anywhere near the murder last night, you know that better than anyone."

"Besides, everyone has relatively decent alibis this time around. Even if they said were just sleeping, it still checks out because there's a good chance one of the rest of us would have seen them walking around if they were lying. There's no way more than one person could have slipped by everyone else."
Laura Besley

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adda Geist on Sun May 05, 2013 8:51 pm

This time around, Adda had determination glimmering in her eye. While Jaden's death wasn't a worthless cause to fight for by any means, it had become personal to find this killer.

"That's nice to say in theory, but it doesn't clear them. Don't forget, that was the alibi used last time, and look what happened there." She clenched the rail on her podium.

"Everyone who was awake seemed to have been with someone. So, the best starting point would be to pick apart the alibi of the 'asleep', and the awake, to find out if someone could have slipped into the library."
Adda Geist

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbert Smith on Sun May 05, 2013 8:54 pm

Herbert grabbed the sides of the podium, scowling. "We ain't gonna 'ave to do that! Ah know this case down to tha nitty gritty, and et wasn't anyone but Asher!" He pointed an accusing finger to the carny in question.

He dropped his hand quickly, searching his vest for something. Without any flare, he pulled a bloodstained jacket out. It was the same as the one Asher was currently wearing, and as he unfolded it, the pattern of the stains became clearer. There were some swipes of blood on the sides and sleeves, like someone attempted to clean blood off, and some small spatters on the front. the back was clean.

"N' Eloise found et 'fore ah did, bless her 'eart."
Herbert Smith

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Marci Gracidon on Sun May 05, 2013 9:00 pm

She was shocked, at the very least. Asher was one of the few she assumed probably hadn't done it, after alibis, even though his was flimsy - she was more worried about David, ironically.

But this changed things.

"W-where did you find that?!" She gasped. "It certainly wasn't at the scene of the crime!"
Marci Gracidon

Super High School Level : Poet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Asher Reizen on Sun May 05, 2013 9:07 pm

"Where did you even find that?! How did that get in my room?!" He was shaking, though the expressions in his eyes and his body were different. He slammed his hands down on his podium, then pointed his finger to Herbert.

"Do you know how easy it would be to frame someone like that? I was asleep; they could have easily slipped in, wiped the blood, and put it in my bathroom!" His voice shook, and fear shone in his eyes.
Asher Reizen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Laura Besley on Sun May 05, 2013 9:12 pm

Laura reached into her mind for a suitable explanation. It would have to be quick and solid. "I wouldn't be so sure that's conclusive evidence," she began. "Like Asher just said, someone could be trying to frame him. And it wouldn't be too hard, considering he was asleep all last night. In fact, I think I know exactly how someone could have done it."

She tilted her head forwards, glaring intently at Herbert. "I was with Herbert last night, and that's no lie. But I neglected to mention something I didn't think was important until now. I had decided beforehand to keep an eye on Herbert if I saw him. And when I did, in the hallway near the dorms, I took note of exactly where I first saw him. And that was just outside of Asher's room!" She slammed her crutch against the ground. "He must have been checking to see if he could get in to fabricate evidence! And when he noticed the door was unlocked, he realized he would have an easy target to blame for a murder!"
Laura Besley

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbert Smith on Sun May 05, 2013 9:19 pm

Herbert's mood was starting to turn for the worse.
"Froime? An' ah'd sey tha ohnleh porson ta do dat es ah photogropphor!" he yelled, his face red from anger. He took a few deep breaths to calm himself, and proceeded.

"Do we even know if Asher locked 'is room? 'Ow could've someon' gone into 'is room, stole a short, n then went to get tha stuff? N' that doesn't explain tha spatters. Ah've gotten tha same from shooting or stabbing things in close quarters- et's fine splatter made by ah puncture." he crossed his arms, the anger slowly leaving his face. "Sos I couldn't 'ave been tha murderer. Laura was wit me all during that toime. N' why would ah fabricate et?"

"Are we really gonna be loike dis?"
Herbert Smith

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Asher Reizen on Sun May 05, 2013 9:27 pm

"It doesn't have to be you that did it necessarily! All I'm trying to say is that bloody jacket doesn't prove it was me!"

His knuckles were white as he clenched the podium.
Asher Reizen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbert Smith on Sun May 05, 2013 9:29 pm

Herbert puffed up, clearly getting angry again. "Ai'ight, show o hands, who 'as tha same exact jacket as Asher does?"

He knew nobody would raise their hands, even if they wanted to joke, and continued. "Et's pretty darn good proof. N' 'obody can even nagigate in yer room in tha dark. They'd kill themselves in that moinefield ya call a floor. Ah damn well nearly did so in broad daylight!"
Herbert Smith

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Asher Reizen on Sun May 05, 2013 9:35 pm

"So what? They could've slipped in AFTER the murder! And just because I keep a messy room doesn't mean I'm a killer!" His eyes shook, and he tensed.

"I'm tellin' ya! I'd never kill anyone in cold blood, especially a kid like Oscar!" His voice shook again.

Last edited by Asher Reizen on Sun May 05, 2013 9:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Asher Reizen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbert Smith on Sun May 05, 2013 9:37 pm

"After? Implyin' you weren't en there before? An' lets just say tha killer could've gotten en yer room. How'd they know where ya kept yer clothes? If they turned on tha lights yah would've woken up n' seen em! N' why hide et in tha bathroom of all places? En plain sight? We ain't that stupid loike last time!"

He pointed again. "Ah moight've been a trial early, but yer tha murderer this toime, Asher!"
Herbert Smith

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adda Geist on Sun May 05, 2013 9:42 pm

Adda had stayed quiet, her eye shifting its gaze from Herbert and Asher and taking in every word said.

"It seems Herbert's adamant about his opinion here. And while normally I'd let Asher take his turn, there's something kinda important."

She slammed her hands down and looked Asher straight in the eye.

"When did Herbert mention the coat being in the bathroom?!"
Adda Geist

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbert Smith on Sun May 05, 2013 9:45 pm

"Ah jost said where ah found it?" Herbert said, his questioning tone laden with an undertone of anger.

"Et wasn't that important, tha most pressin' matter es tha fact et was Asher's. Sides, ah wasn't tha one to find et, even: et was Eloise. But ya'll ain't gonna press 'er, hear? She nearly fainted, n' that ain't somethin' ah want ta happen agai!" He crossed his arms, hissing through his teeth.
Herbert Smith

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adda Geist on Sun May 05, 2013 9:50 pm

"That's not what I meant! I know you just said it, but when all you said was 'I found a jacket' Asher went and discussed how it was in the bathroom! If he didn't know about it, he wouldn't have known to say 'bathroom' before you or anyone else did! I'm not going to go about falsely accusing people, but you can't really overlook this!" She was tired of being yelled at every time she objected or concurred.

"And frankly, we shouldn't waste our energy yelling at each other over stupid statements! We're here to find a killer!"
Adda Geist

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Laura Besley on Sun May 05, 2013 9:53 pm

Laura shook her head. "Honestly, Adda, I realize it's easy to get caught up in the moment, but try to think this one out."

"It makes perfect sense that Asher assumed it was in the bathroom. Me and him had just been in his room while doing our searches, and we didn't see anything in the bedroom. I'll admit, it was stupid of us not to search the entire dorm, but that doesn't change the fact that the bathroom was the only place we didn't look. When Herbert and Eloise came out of Asher's room with that jacket, the only possible place they could have found it was in his bathroom!"
Laura Besley

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbert Smith on Sun May 05, 2013 9:58 pm

"Eh, O'im agreein' wit Adda. Asher's got a million places 'e could've placed et. He's got a closet n' we all know about hiding et under tha bed or even en tha matress. or maybe en onna them circus props..." he trailed off, perking up suddenly.

"Sos you two didn't search tha whole thing? Ha! That explains why yah two decided ta search togetha! Yah wanted ta mask tha murder! Ah know bettern' that!" He sneered. "Don't try ta defend that bloody colorblind eedjit wit yer shoddy attempts at serachin'!"
Herbert Smith

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Asher Reizen on Sun May 05, 2013 10:03 pm

"Don't go bringing Laura into this. This isn't about her."

There was a strange calmness to his voice, considering the circumstances.

"She wasn't trying to 'mask tha murder' or do a bad job at searching. If anything, I broke her trust."

A new, different fire burned in his eyes.

"So stop trying to say some or any of this is her fault!"
Asher Reizen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top