Dangan-ssassination
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chapter 2: Trial

+4
Marci Gracidon
Adda Geist
Laura Besley
Monobear
8 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Chapter 2: Trial - Page 2 Empty Re: Chapter 2: Trial

Post by Laura Besley Sun May 05, 2013 10:06 pm

Laura smiled slightly, and gave Asher a wink. "You haven't broken anyone's trust. But I'll be honest, I do feel a little betrayed," she said. There was an odd inflection in her voice, as though she was searching for the words as she said them.

"I really didn't want to believe it, but it's clear to me now as well as it should be to anyone else. Like I said, me and Herbert left the cafeteria close to 11:40 last night. If you recall, Oscar died three minutes later. I went straight up to my room, because I was tired as hell. But Herbert..." Her gaze shifted to the older student.

"Herbert never went back up the stairs. He was still wandering around by the time I went up. That leaves him with the perfect window of opportunity for murder! And just think about all the other signs! Herbert was the first one to notice the smell of blood and lead us to the library, as if he already knew something would be there. He also immediately knew where to look for the murder weapon. I don't know about the rest of you, but I was too busy being shocked by Oscar's dead body to notice a tiny speck of blood on some stupid book."

Laura felt as though every word was a blow in Herbert's defense. "And to wrap it up, he also just happened to want to double-check Ash's bathroom for evidence after me and Asher already searched it. It all adds up! Herbert has to be the culprit here!"
Laura Besley
Laura Besley

Super High School Level : Dirt Bike Rider

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbert Smith Sun May 05, 2013 10:15 pm

"You little piece of poo poo!" Herbert roared, slamming his hands down on the podium. "Ah went ta sleep wit you, don't you loving even start wit me! All your fuckin' little twists n' hypocrisies are finally makin' me wanna pistol-whip yer bloody scrag face ta next Sunday!"

"N' don't talk ta me about bodies n' poo poo. Ah know yah n' Asher are tha duo of death 'ere, n' Ah knew lettin' you two check rooms was loike lettin a murderer get scot free! An' fer gently caress's sake, yah all know ah'm used ta blood n' bodies. Ah was pokin Jaden's body before yall even got that guts ta look at et!"

"Fuckin' realize yer pretty, pretty boyfrand ere es a killer n' get over et." There was an almost sadistic tone to his voice, his mouth turned to a snarl.
Herbert Smith
Herbert Smith

Super High School Level : Game Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Marci Gracidon Sun May 05, 2013 10:23 pm

"I'm on Herbert's side for the most part here, but let's not incriminate Laura here," She looked at everyone closely, then continued. "The only people without solid alibis, or the people who were asleep, were Asher, David and Eloise. That's our suspect pool."

"And on the topic of Herbert somehow committing a murder in three minutes, let's discuss how much he would have to prepare to make that remotely possible. A) He would have to know where Oscar was going to be. B) The stairs are directly next to the library, so Laura would have seen him gone in, undoubtedly. and C) Oscar apparently bled out, and three minutes from when Laura approximately left to when Oscar is dead makes that nigh-impossible."

She took a deep breath. "Back to our suspect pool. Eloise seemed so shocked by the body that I think we can easily remove her from it. David...well, I'm not sure about him yet, but Asher's obviously the most suspicious out of the three. I think, at this moment, that is something we can all agree on."
Marci Gracidon
Marci Gracidon

Super High School Level : Poet

Back to top Go down

Post by Asher Reizen Sun May 05, 2013 10:31 pm

Asher took half a step back in his podium, leaning his head back and taking a deep breath before taking his position once more.

"Look, bash at me all you want- any of you. Just do me one favor and quit loving bringing Laura into this!"

He pointed to Herbert.

"Especially you! I don't know what your problem is, but just because I'm friends with Laura doesn't mean we're murder buddies or something! If I, hyp...hypo... pretend, to have done this, will you quit attacking her and focus on breaking down the alibis that DON'T stand?"
Asher Reizen
Asher Reizen

Super High School Level : Carny

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbert Smith Sun May 05, 2013 10:36 pm

"Yah fuckin' take a breather e're, ahm gettin ta crucifyin' ya!" Herbert snarled, crossing his arms.

"An' alright, lets get ta doin' that. Yer little albi's jest like you: a Seppo. Yer lyin' an we know et. We got yer fuckin' jacket fer chrost's sake, n' yah've been actin' all sketchy. Yer more jittery than a minshie on red bull, fer christ's sake! Let's explain that, bloody coat n' all!" Herbert sniffed, looking Asher dead in the eye.
Herbert Smith
Herbert Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by Asher Reizen Sun May 05, 2013 10:43 pm

"I've talked about the coat before, and won't bring that up again. But don't I have a right to be jittery? You've been calling me the murderer the whole trial! And while the evidence seems to point to me, why would I kill Oscar?"
Asher Reizen
Asher Reizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Adda Geist Sun May 05, 2013 10:45 pm

"Why would you even ask something like that- isn't it clear? Monobear released a motive and then -BAM- there's a murder!"

Adda looked down.

"While you guys were off investigating, Marci and I wondered if someone would have something worth hiding, even if murder was the only way. Clearly, someone did, and worse of all they used Oscar as a way to do that!"
Adda Geist
Adda Geist

Super High School Level : Occultist

Back to top Go down

Post by Eloise Rutford Sun May 05, 2013 10:47 pm

"A-Ahh-Asher! W-What are you d-doing!? D-D-Don't kill me!"

Eloise's glassy-eyed silence was broken by what sounded almost exactly like Oscar's voice; a disarmingly good impression.

"Ring any bells?" She laughed, "Oh, just asking." dismissing it with a wave of her hand she continued, "Why don't we take this from the top. Instead of who killed the kid, what did? Maybe we'll find more evidence there." She drifted back off into a hazy state, thinking.
Eloise Rutford
Eloise Rutford

Super High School Level : Disguise Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by David River Sun May 05, 2013 10:58 pm

"So we know the weapon was a screwdriver, r-right?" he shuddered a bit, remembering Herbert re-stabbing the body to check. "Yeah, Herbert checked that while I was guarding, but..do we have any idea where they got it from?"

He paused. "Also, I mean, it's obvious the body was dragged but...what was the point of doing that? Anyone got any ideas?"
David River
David River

Super High School Level : Chauffeur

Back to top Go down

Post by Asher Reizen Sun May 05, 2013 11:03 pm

Asher gripped his hair and looked around in frustration.

"Why does it matter why I dragged him?! Why does anything matter?!"

He turned his back to the circle and slid down the podium, sitting and looking up as he continued.

"I can't take this! Wrongly accusing people of murder is-well- wrong! I don't care anymore!"

He let out a short sob.

"I can't watch you all attack each other knowing what happened!"

Last edited by Asher Reizen on Sun May 05, 2013 11:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Asher Reizen
Asher Reizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Marci Gracidon Sun May 05, 2013 11:08 pm

"...Asher?"

She asked quietly, standing on her tiptoes to get even the slightest view of Asher. Her voice was soft. She wasn't angry anymore, she realized: now that she had a face to put with the deed, she couldn't be.

She over to Adda, then looked down, clutching her podium tightly.

She nearly whispered. "Asher...what happened?"
Marci Gracidon
Marci Gracidon

Back to top Go down

Post by Asher Reizen Sun May 05, 2013 11:13 pm

Asher held his face in his hands, mumbling.

"Imsosorryimsosorryimso SORRY!" His voice broke.

"I couldn't- I couldn't let that box open! I thought it'd be simple. I hate to say it, but I would've killed any of you... Anyone but Laura. I... I thought I could handle it. I'm starting to figure out now, though... That by trying to hide my past, all I did was trample the wishes of the man I owe my life to."

Asher stood up to face his classmates. His face was red.

" I didn't come this far to tell you why at the last moment. You can hate me, if you want. But I did it. I killed Oscar Barnes."

Last edited by Asher Reizen on Sun May 05, 2013 11:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Asher Reizen
Asher Reizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Laura Besley Sun May 05, 2013 11:21 pm

As Asher confessed his crime, Laura couldn't help but tear up. She tried desperately to hold back the waterworks, but she found it was no use.

"Dammit, Ash!" she choked out, looking down at her podium. "I told you not to half-ass it! Why couldn't you just play along! No one else would have had to die!"

"Especially not you!"

Laura Besley
Laura Besley

Back to top Go down

Post by Asher Reizen Sun May 05, 2013 11:33 pm

"You don't get it Laur!" There was desperation in his voice.

"For me, this was an honest attempt! I didn't 'half-ass' it!" He began to plead.

"I committed a crime, Laur. I knowingly murdered someone! At the moment- in the heat of it all- it was the right choice to make! I thought it was my only choice! What I did back then... it haunts me to this day!"

He gripped his podium tightly.

"Quite frankly, it's naive to say no one else would have to die! If we ignore the jacket, and I had just played along, you and Herbert would've been prime suspects- that's just the way this would've gone down! Herbert's a bit rough around the edges, sure, but he doesn't deserve to go down for someone else's actions. And you? Laur, if you died because of me, I wouldn't even make it out of this courtroom!"

He locked eyes with her.

"Dang, I still feel like poo poo for what I've done. I kne-I knew once we started investigating that I'd be caught for this. I'm a dumb-ass carny- no two ways around it! I'd never outsmart a bunch of educated people- it's just not the way the world works! At least this way, I get my chance to explain my side. Bu...but on the list of things I wanted to do before I died, one was to fall in love and kiss a girl. It was sappy, but when you grow up around Disney movies to get over a terrible moment of your life, what else are you taught?! I'm not saying I didn't think I loved you at all, but I rushed it to cross a few words off of my dumb list! If I was going to do something as selfish as that, I wasn't going to let you die for me."

He took his hat off, and stared at the contents. A light pink plush rabbit, worn with love, was nestled inside. He took it out, placed the hat back atop his head, and stared at its small button eyes. His sadness reflected back at him through the plastic. After taking a good look at it, he lobbed it across the courtroom to Laura.

"I need to accept my punishment for what I did, but this guy did nothing wrong. His name is Candy- like cotton candy." Asher tipped his hat back, and looked Laura straight in the eyes.

"Don't be an idiot like me, Laur! Make it through this Hell of a school- make it through for both of us!"

With that, he took a shaky breath and looked up to Monobear.

" 'Ey, bear. Unless anyone else has a comment, why don't we get this vote underway? I feel like this carny's show is coming to an end." A translucent tear ran down his cheek.
Asher Reizen
Asher Reizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbert Smith Mon May 06, 2013 5:55 pm

It took Herbert all he could to stop himself from pulling a knife out and knocking the rabbit down as it flew. He involuntarily raised his hand, making his fingers twitch when the action was aborted.

He decided to leave himself to just comment. "So ya killed him? Well why'd ya even throw us fer a loop and then confess. Ya gave up more easily than a winded deer." Herbert snorted, crossing his arms. "At least give us a fuckin' doubt."

Though internally he was a bit happy about it. "Heh, ah guess tha weak-willed gotta fall." he muttered, grinning self-centeredly. "Tha past got a way of gettin dug back up again."
Herbert Smith
Herbert Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by Monobear Tue May 07, 2013 7:30 pm

"Alright, let's wrap this up." Monobear said, stretching his arms.

"You all know what to do. Your student IDs are set to choose the car- culprit's identity." The bear giggled. "Well, that wasn't really much of a slip-up, wasn't it?"
Monobear
Monobear
Admin

Super High School Level : Despair

Back to top Go down

Post by Laura Besley Tue May 07, 2013 7:49 pm

Laura dropped her crutches as soon as Asher threw the rabbit, pressing her right hand against the podium for support. She caught the plush toy with ease, and stared at it blankly for a moment. Was this all she would have to remember Asher by? A stuffed rabbit?

She stood up straight, ignoring the searing pain in her lower leg, and hugged the rabbit tight. "I love him, Ash," she yelled. A tear ran down her cheek as she tried to force out the words. "But I don't want it to go like this!"

Then Laura directed her attention to her Electronic Student ID. She had placed it out on her podium beforehand. With her left arm cupping Candy, she tapped the screen to make her selection. The icon with her own face lit up to her touch. "It's my fault anyway," she murmured. Then she repeated herself even louder. "It's my fault!" she yelled.

"Asher never would have killed Oscar if I had been there for him! I was selfish this whole time! I've been awful the past few days, ever since we got to this school, and look what happened! I'm convinced this is my fault! Please, don't blame him! I can't watch Asher die like this!"

"I'm begging all of you! Vote for me instead!"
Laura Besley
Laura Besley

Back to top Go down

Post by Adda Geist Tue May 07, 2013 7:56 pm

Adda looked around in dismay. All she could imagine the killer as before was a murderous monster, but after seeing that outburst, she didn't know what to think. He seemed so...human. So weak. It was nothing compared to the other killers she'd seen in her life.

"I'm sorry, Laura. I really am. I know what it's like to want to stand by a friend. But Oscar was my friend, too," she clutched the goggles in one of her hands.

"For Oscar's sake, if someone needs to die, it had to be his true killer. Even if there was more to it."

She moved to touch Asher's icon with her gloved hand, but it didn't pick up the touch. After a few agonizing moments, she switched hands and lit up Asher's icon.
Adda Geist
Adda Geist

Super High School Level : Occultist

Back to top Go down

Post by Marci Gracidon Tue May 07, 2013 10:55 pm

Marci didn't say anything - she couldn't say anything. If there was one thing she could do, then it was vote for the person she knew did it. The person who directly hurt her friends and herself.

She hit Asher's icon after a second of hesitation.

She looked at Adda and nodded silently - it helped that it meant the back of her head was facing Asher. She didn't want to see the look on his face now. Too many emotions were running rampant in her head, and she was too tired to figure them out.
Marci Gracidon
Marci Gracidon

Back to top Go down

Post by Asher Reizen Tue May 07, 2013 11:08 pm

Asher's eyes never left Laura.

"I told ya before, didn't I? There's no way I'd let you die for my actions. You can't go on blaming yourself, okay? This wasn't your fault- it was my choice, and mine alone."

He tapped on his own icon.

"I got what I wanted, and now it's time to pay up. But you, Laur, have got to stay strong. Don't let this place get to you. You're better than that, and I know it."
Asher Reizen
Asher Reizen

Back to top Go down

Post by David River Tue May 07, 2013 11:13 pm

David looked next to him, to Asher, and then looked down at his ID. The choice was obvious; he just didn't particularly want to press the button.

His finger lingered over the icon for a second, then he closed his eyes and pressed Asher's face.

He turned to his side again and looked at Asher. "M'sorry. Ya don't deserve this."
David River
David River

Super High School Level : Chauffeur

Back to top Go down

Post by Eloise Rutford Tue May 07, 2013 11:40 pm

The boy certainly made this choice simple.

Eloise selected Asher's icon before she could have the chance to think any further. Already she felt a bit nauseous and she looked at Asher as he still moved, while he still looked real.

"Sorry," What do you even say to the kid? She had found his bloody jacket, in a room full of toys. It was surreal.
Eloise Rutford
Eloise Rutford

Super High School Level : Disguise Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbert Smith Wed May 08, 2013 12:16 pm

Herbert scoffed, quickly tapping Asher's icon.

"Eh, ah guess thas wot ya get fer tryin' ta kill someone in this place. Damn near impossible. S'most like suicide." Herbert chuckled, then frowning. "Jest lookit what ya did. Fuckin' selfish, if ah can say."

He chuckled again, not at all trying to mask the relief and joy on his face. "If anythin' ah guess we moight be a step closer ta actually havin a non-murderous envoronment. Save fer one person. Aw well." He shrugged, crossing his arms loosely and looking bored. "There. Thas mine. Lets get this show on tha road."
Herbert Smith
Herbert Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by Monobear Wed May 08, 2013 5:09 pm

There was a period of silence after everyone made their statement.

"Ding dong you're all..." Monobear paused, giggling softly to himself.
"Right!"

He raised his white paw up triumphantly. "You did it again! Trial two's culprit: Asher Reizen!" The spotlight shone on the respective student's podium.
Monobear
Monobear
Admin

Super High School Level : Despair

Back to top Go down

Post by Asher Reizen Wed May 08, 2013 5:10 pm

Asher adjusted his hat on his head once more, and looked around the room.

"Funny, this spot light is quite a bit different from the ones I'm used to," he laughed, nervously. His arms fell to his sides.

"So, it all ends here, eh? Well then, everyone. I want you to know that until last night, I was a sincere carny. I wasn't trying to make you all trust me, I swear. I just...changed with the motive. I became selfish when I knew what I needed to do." He looked across the courtroom to Laura again.

"Laura, when you get out of here, can you do something for me? Once you fix up that leg, get in touch with my family. Tell them the truth. Please."
Asher Reizen
Asher Reizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next