Day 5: (Ab)normal Days

Page 10 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Day 5: (Ab)normal Days

Post by Herbert Smith on Sat May 25, 2013 10:34 pm

Herbert grumbled something under his breath while he quickly tried to bandage Laura.

'Er, well et's ok, not as bad as everythin' here, so I'm gonna patch it later." At this point, he was hoping he didn't need to remove his eye because of infection. He shivered. "We could bring it up an' cart her back? Wait, nah, we'd need something less heavy...."

He looked across the Eloise when he was finished. "Ya don't look like ya can do anythin' other than sleep."
Herbert Smith

Super High School Level : Game Hunter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Marci Gracidon on Sat May 25, 2013 10:39 pm

She stood up and reached out her hands to Adda. "I won't let go." she added, knowing it was unnecessary - she'd never even consider the idea.
Marci Gracidon

Super High School Level : Poet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adda Geist on Sat May 25, 2013 10:40 pm

Adda took her hand gratefully and stood shakily, her other hand sliding up the wall. Her legs shook a bit from under her, but she managed to stay up this time.

"Do you think there's anything we can do to help?" she asked softly.
Adda Geist

Super High School Level : Occultist

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Laura Besley on Sat May 25, 2013 10:44 pm

Laura winced at the pain from being lifted up, and she couldn't feel Herbert bandaging her back so she was confused and scared on top of being in pain.

She kept her eyes shut so tight that she began to see swirling brown checkers and multicolored splotches darting in and out of vision. The internal sight made her even more dizzy but it was better than opening her eyes.
Laura Besley

Super High School Level : Dirt Bike Rider

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Marci Gracidon on Sat May 25, 2013 10:46 pm

"You're already doing too much by standing," she said simply. "and I think I'm a bit too weak to do anything helpful." she admitted. "Medical treatment isn't my expertise."

She looked over to Herbert and David treating Laura and bit her lip. "It feels horrible doing nothing, though."
Marci Gracidon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adda Geist on Sat May 25, 2013 10:47 pm

Adda frowned a bit.

"So, are we supposed to just wait here?" She paused.

"Or are we just in the way... should we maybe leave so we don't get in Herbert and David's way?"
Adda Geist

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Eloise Rutford on Sat May 25, 2013 10:49 pm

Eloise sighed, knowing very well that she was useless. The most first aid she had ever done was applying cartoon band-aids.

The last she was going to do was sleep, though.
She held Laura's hand through the procedure, but her own shaking was probably making it even less soothing.
Seeing Laura scrunched up her eyes, she began the completely pointless process of talking in the hopes of calming her down, partially to calm herself. Her head still hurt with piercing pain and every now and then the voices were mixed with different ringing sounds.
"We got the nurse's office open now. I bet we can even fix your leg. Better than before."
Eloise Rutford

Super High School Level : Disguise Artist

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Marci Gracidon on Sat May 25, 2013 10:55 pm

She looked at her friend. "Do you think they might have icepacks or something in the nurses office? They might help with your head and everyone else's who got hurt..."
Marci Gracidon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adda Geist on Sat May 25, 2013 10:57 pm

Adda pressed harder against the wall.

"I don't know about the nurse's...office, but I think there are some of those squeeze-y ones in my bathroom...from the first aid kit?"
Adda Geist

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Laura Besley on Sat May 25, 2013 10:59 pm

Laura felt Eloise's hand and slowly opened her eyes to look at her friend. She could tell she was speaking, but of what Laura had no idea. She tried to give her friend a smile, but she knew it was unconvincing and she just didn't have the energy to keep it up.

Her clenched fists went limp as she slipped back out of consciousness.
Laura Besley

Super High School Level : Dirt Bike Rider

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbert Smith on Sat May 25, 2013 11:05 pm

From casual observation, Herbert began to suspect Laura might've gone deaf or mute. Possibly the former, since she was apparently at the blast zone. Even the two girls who were farther away had troubles, so it was probably worse with Laura. Assume any injury times 10.

He stood up. "David, ya think there's an ironing board in tha washing room?" His laundry! He needed to get that finished, but he didn't want to go back in there. Thank god he had someone.
Herbert Smith

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Marci Gracidon on Sat May 25, 2013 11:06 pm

"Lets head there, then. We can bring some rest for everyone else." she said. "Does that sound good?"

She looked at the three people hovering over Laura and sighed - she wished she could help more, but was glad she was trying to do something instead of giving up.
Marci Gracidon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adda Geist on Sat May 25, 2013 11:07 pm

Adda nodded, and began to slowly walk forward.

"I have a feeling this is gonna be a long trek..." she mumbled.
Adda Geist

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by David River on Sat May 25, 2013 11:13 pm

"I'd guess that there'd be one. I'll go check and bring it down if there is one!" he said, hurrying off. He was the servant of the day he realized, and smiled a fraction. Servant was close enough to chauffeur for him.
David River

Super High School Level : Chauffeur

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Marci Gracidon on Sat May 25, 2013 11:16 pm

She nodded. "They're right through that wall, technically. Sadly, there's no door, so we have to go around." she sighed. "Come on." she said, walking slowly so that Adda didn't have to rush.
Marci Gracidon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adda Geist on Sat May 25, 2013 11:17 pm

Adda went as fast as she could, which resulted in the pace of a normal walk. She reached the stairs and stared down them, nervous.

"So how should we go about this?"
Adda Geist

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Eloise Rutford on Sat May 25, 2013 11:19 pm

Eloise saw Laura's short-lived and almost grimace-like smile and gave a small sigh of relief.

Her hands relaxed, "Is she...awake?" she asked in a whisper, letting go of Laura's now limp hand. She felt a brief spin of dizziness, but hung on. Her legs were beginning to fall asleep, kneeling there.
"Eugh, how are we going to get her down those steps and then up some more?" She was now frustrated. She recalled the cart she, David and Herbert had gotten from the storage room, but that was way too far for her to crawl to.
Eloise Rutford

Super High School Level : Disguise Artist

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Marci Gracidon on Sat May 25, 2013 11:26 pm

"Um...ideally, we'd ask if there's an elevator, but I think the answer's obvious in this case." she thought for a moment. "You could sit on the stairs and slowly go down them?" She realized it would look excessively silly, but anything that didn't get Adda more hurt was a viable option at the moment.
Marci Gracidon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adda Geist on Sat May 25, 2013 11:27 pm

Adda nodded, and sat down on the stairs, flattening her skirt beneath her. She laughed a little as she went down.

"I used to do this when I was little... and get bad rug burn, but that's besides the point."
Adda Geist

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by David River on Sat May 25, 2013 11:28 pm

He reached the third floor and looked over at the computer lab anxiously for a second, then continued on to the laundry room. He looked at the pool for a second, laughing bitterly at the fact that he hadn't even been able to walk in before...well, before the poo poo hit the fan.

He went into the laundry room and looked for an ironing board, combing through the room quickly.
David River

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Marci Gracidon on Sat May 25, 2013 11:31 pm

Marci watched with smile on her face as her friend descended the stairs and walked down behind her. She laughed a bit after Adda spoke.

"I think I did once or twice too, minus the rug burn, thankfully." she said.
Marci Gracidon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adda Geist on Sun May 26, 2013 10:09 pm

Adda laughed a bit. Her head was still spinning, but she was slowly regaining her composure.

"Well, we had carpeted stairs. Though my mom hated them- said they were a pain in the butt to clean. But my dad was thankful that it meant I wouldn't go slipping down the stairs- I wasn't the most graceful child."

She reached the bottom of the stairs and stood up slowly, brushing off her skirt.
Adda Geist

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by David River on Sun May 26, 2013 10:16 pm

David spotted the board rather easily - it was in between the washer and the dryer. The washing machine was still on - washing Herbert's clothes, he assumed. He picked up the board with a tiny huff and headed back out, stopping in front of the door that he was pretty sure led to the sauna.

His eyes went wide for a split second, a metaphorical light bulb going off.

He shook his head - there were more important things to deal with at the moment - and jogged off down the stairs to give the board to Herbert.
David River

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbert Smith on Sun May 26, 2013 10:23 pm

Herbert jerked his head up when he heard David come back. Well, looks like he found the board. he stood up, wobbling on his knees.

"Put it roight next ta her." He said, pointing to exactly where he wanted it.
Herbert Smith

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Marci Gracidon on Sun May 26, 2013 10:26 pm

Marci followed her, smiling and laughing as she spoke.

"Our stairs were wooden and rickety, so when I was little I would get afraid of the noises they made."

She stood next to Adda at the bottom of the stairs. "Now we have to go all the way around to the dorms." she said. "Let's get going, then!"
Marci Gracidon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top