Dangan-ssassination
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Day 5: (Ab)normal Days

+3
Marci Gracidon
Adda Geist
Monobear
7 posters

Page 12 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

Day 5: (Ab)normal Days - Page 12 Empty Re: Day 5: (Ab)normal Days

Post by Eloise Rutford Tue May 28, 2013 5:57 pm

"Not like I can do much else!" Eloise shrugged, "can't even go take a nap in case I'm concussed."
As she was about to get up she heard Laura. It was almost easy to miss. She shuffled over a bit, "Bear happened. We're taking you to your room." With that Eloise stood up, or tried to. It felt like the blood rushed from her head to her legs and dizziness hit her like a brick.

"I'm okay, I'm okay," She assured herself, finding a wall to support herself on.
Eloise Rutford
Eloise Rutford

Super High School Level : Disguise Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by Laura Besley Tue May 28, 2013 6:00 pm

Laura's eyebrows rose as Herbert spoke to her. She couldn't hear, but she figured he was just messing with her by mouthing random words so she just rolled her eyes.

After a moment she tried swinging herself off the board, thinking she would get up and walk it off. She was once again surprised to find that her lower body simply would not move. "Hey. What's the deal with my legs? Are they broken? I can't move them." It didn't even register in Laura's mind that she couldn't hear her own voice.

Last edited by Laura Besley on Tue May 28, 2013 6:07 pm; edited 2 times in total
Laura Besley
Laura Besley

Super High School Level : Dirt Bike Rider

Back to top Go down

Post by Marci Gracidon Tue May 28, 2013 6:02 pm

"...so there's a chance, then. It's slim, but there's a chance." she thought for a moment, then let out a feeble laugh. "I never thought I'd have an occultist as a friend. Never really believed in any of it, to be honest." she paused, then quietly added, "and yet, here we are."
Marci Gracidon
Marci Gracidon

Super High School Level : Poet

Back to top Go down

Post by Adda Geist Tue May 28, 2013 6:06 pm

Adda chuckled as she scanned her ID.

"Well, I never thought I'd be friends with a poet! I guess that's one good thing that's come out of all of this. I never really did slow down to make friends- I was so absorbed in becoming like my dad that I didn't stop to do normal things. At least now, I got to meet you and Oscar."

She opened her door and stepped in, motioning for Marci to do the same.

"Well, make yourself at home!" she smiled.
Adda Geist
Adda Geist

Super High School Level : Occultist

Back to top Go down

Post by David River Tue May 28, 2013 6:14 pm

David watched Eloise and frowned a bit. "I hate to be that guy, but I don't know if this is a good idea, Eloise." He went to play with his tie out of nervousness, quickly remembered he had stuffed it down a sink earlier that day, and sighed. "If you can't stand up straight on solid ground, how do you expect to deal with stairs?" He nodded his head over to the flight and frowned.

He looked over to Laura and froze up a bit. He didn't know what to say, primarily because he didn't have an answer for her. He looked down and sighed again, then looked back up at Eloise, but said nothing.
David River
David River

Super High School Level : Chauffeur

Back to top Go down

Post by Marci Gracidon Tue May 28, 2013 6:18 pm

She smiled and walked into Adda's room. It hadn't changed since she'd been there last, which wasn't a surprise. She let her eyes wander for a second, then quickly turned back to Adda.

"I assume you know where they are, then? I wouldn't want to snoop."
Marci Gracidon
Marci Gracidon

Back to top Go down

Post by Laura Besley Tue May 28, 2013 6:19 pm

Noticing Eloise and David seemingly talking to each other without actually speaking, Laura pursed her lips. "Hey, anyone wanna speak up around here?" she said loudly. But then it clicked. Laura didn't hear her own voice, and this time she noticed.

Instinctively, she drew a hand up to her left ear and tapped it. She couldn't even hear the sound of her own ear being tapped. Her eyes went wide and she tried to sit up, but couldn't lift herself. "What happened to my ears?!" she wailed. "I can't hear a damn thing!"
Laura Besley
Laura Besley

Back to top Go down

Post by Adda Geist Tue May 28, 2013 6:21 pm

Adda smiled.

"Yup, right in the bathroom! But it doesn't matter- the only thing I'd have to hide is my folder and my underwear or something, but we're both girls and I already told you whats in it."

She stepped into the small bathroom and opened a cabinet, removing the ice packs and returning to her room.

"So, should we deliver these, or...?"

Last edited by Adda Geist on Tue May 28, 2013 6:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Adda Geist
Adda Geist

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbert Smith Tue May 28, 2013 6:22 pm

Upon seeing Laura begin to make a scene over being deaf, Herbert sighed. He didn't want to explain this to her verbally, because that was nigh impossible, so he simply went into the chemistry room.

He found where the papers were and took two pens, bringing a few sheets with him. He quickly wrote a note before going out.
He unceremoniously folded it before dropping it on Laura. The pen followed shortly after.

"You're deaf and something exploded near you."

He wasn't in the mood to write more, but he was probably going to.
Herbert Smith
Herbert Smith

Super High School Level : Game Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Laura Besley Tue May 28, 2013 6:25 pm

Laura scrambled to pick up the paper that Herbert dropped on her, and unfolded it in front of her face. She squinted at it for a moment then grabbed the pen and, using her right hand as a base to write on, scrawled a response just beneath Herbert's note.

"gently caress YOU!" It was written almost incomprehensibly, and Laura held it up so Herbert could see.
Laura Besley
Laura Besley

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbert Smith Tue May 28, 2013 6:28 pm

Herbert shrugged, putting his hands up with a neutral expression on his face. He turned, walking a few steps like that before putting his hands down and moving to go to the stairs. He had better things to do now.

And taking care of Laura wasn't going to be one of them. Unless someone asked nicely. Depending on who they were, the answer still might be a resounding hell no.
Herbert Smith
Herbert Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by Eloise Rutford Tue May 28, 2013 6:29 pm

Eloise took her hands off the wall warily. The rush sent stars into her eyes but it cleared after a few blinks. "Just gimmie a few minutes..." She mumbled, trying not to look at the lights. Damn, they were bright.

She heard Laura's voice again. Herbert rushed away. "No way," she gasped, and noticing Laura's lack of response it was confirmed. She stood over her again as if looking at her ears could prove it. She squinted at Laura's scribbles and realized she was probably better off getting the cart. "I'm gonna...go get the - Herb, where are you go...-?"
Eloise Rutford
Eloise Rutford

Back to top Go down

Post by Marci Gracidon Tue May 28, 2013 6:30 pm

"That'd be the best idea, I think. They might be heading down here soon, anyway," she said with a smile, "and that means we'd only have to deal with one flight of stairs." She nodded to the door and walked out.
Marci Gracidon
Marci Gracidon

Back to top Go down

Post by Adda Geist Tue May 28, 2013 6:32 pm

Adda followed, but stopped outside the door to the stairwell.

"Sorry, but I think I'll stay here," she said as she held a few of the ice packs out while getting one ready for use.

"I'm still not 100%, so I'd rather be this much closer to my room."
Adda Geist
Adda Geist

Back to top Go down

Post by David River Tue May 28, 2013 6:40 pm

David grumbled and walked after Herbert for a second. If everyone in the room sans him wasn't in horrible shape, he'd dare to say that he was feeling horrible. In comparison, though, he was in metaphorical heaven.

"I don't care how much you hate her, we gotta help her." he called to Herbert, an almost bored tone in his voice.
David River
David River

Back to top Go down

Post by Marci Gracidon Tue May 28, 2013 6:43 pm

Marci blinked then shrugged, taking the ice packs from Adda. "That's for the best, I suppose. I'll bring these to the rest of them, then! Rest up, now." she said, waving as she walked down the stairs.
Marci Gracidon
Marci Gracidon

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbert Smith Tue May 28, 2013 6:44 pm

Herbert had enough for today. He managed to save Laura for some godawful reason. Probably panic. And on top of that his eye still needed to be patched up. He was already going down the stairs when he heard David.

Goddamnit the things he did for some people.

Letting the absolute displeasure he had at coming back plastered on his face, he actually listened. "Gonna get my fuckin' eye infected..." he hissed under his breath.
Herbert Smith
Herbert Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by Adda Geist Tue May 28, 2013 6:51 pm

Adda waved back at her friend before returning to her room and sitting down on the bed.

"I wish I could just roll up and sleep..." she sighed. She wanted to roll about, but shifting that much in the slightest sent a pain through her head. She really hadn't gotten much better, but tried to hide it for Marci's peace of mind. She heard a voice at the back of her head, and though it did nothing to help her headache, she listened as she raised the ice pack to her head.

"Just lay down for now, alright? Don't sleep. Just sit there. If you're tired, I can take over, but just don't sleep."

She smiled. It was rare for Albert to talk directly to her- he didn't want her to think he was constantly hanging over her. She closed her eyes, face towards the ceiling.

"I know, Daddy, I know. I've got a reason to live for myself now. I won't do something silly to have that taken away."
Adda Geist
Adda Geist

Back to top Go down

Post by Laura Besley Tue May 28, 2013 6:51 pm

Laura couldn't really understand Eloise, so she had no choice but to stare at the ceiling and think about what happened. She remembered telling off Monobear, but after that she couldn't recall a thing. Did someone have to drag her back into consciousness? Was that why Herbert was standing in front of her before?

Laura took the pen again and turned the paper over so she could write on the blank side.

"Sorry, Herb."

She would have said it to Herbert herself, but the thought of speaking without hearing herself do so freaked her out, and she thought she would go insane if she did it too much. She couldn't see where Herbert went, but she figured she didn't have much else to do than wait for him to show up again.
Laura Besley
Laura Besley

Back to top Go down

Post by David River Tue May 28, 2013 6:52 pm

David actually stopped and thought for a second, or at the very least, tried to. "Go get yourself taken care of, then come back." he offered. "That sound good?"

He paused for a second. "Sorry," he added in a mumble, not sure what he was apologizing for.
David River
David River

Back to top Go down

Post by Eloise Rutford Tue May 28, 2013 6:53 pm

Eloise watched as David followed after Herbert. She was starting to acknowledge the fact that maybe she really couldn't do much as it was and was scared to see the guy go.
Sure enough he was turning back around.

"Ok, let's do this quick," Eloise said, wanting to make sure they got some progress before Herbert up and left again. She gave an awkward smile to Laura, but not even sure if she could attract the girl's attention anymore. She was writing something, figures.
Eloise Rutford
Eloise Rutford

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbert Smith Tue May 28, 2013 8:35 pm

Herbert paused. "Ah, sure." He said, the anger gone from his voice. "I'll... try to get back."

He gave a backwards wave before he grabbed onto the banister and continued down. He noticed some bandages and stuff in his bathroom cabinet, but he never thought he'd put them into use.
Herbert Smith
Herbert Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by Laura Besley Tue May 28, 2013 8:40 pm

Laura looked sideways at Eloise while waiting for something to happen. Not being able to move at all really forced you to think about things. "I'm sorry I got you hurt," she said quietly. Maybe if she didn't speak too loudly, it wouldn't freak her out as much that she couldn't hear herself.

"I think the bear exploded because I broke a rule. Is that what happened?" She held out the piece of paper and pen to her friend.
Laura Besley
Laura Besley

Back to top Go down

Post by Adda Geist Tue May 28, 2013 8:41 pm

Adda sat up on her bed and moved to the bathroom. She leaned her arms down on the counter, and stared at her own reflection.

"Aside from the eye, everything's the same," she mumbled, "Physically I'm still me. I've got my green hair, my weird style, my glove, my scar... It's all here." She stared down into the sink.

"Everything's the same, but it doesn't feel...right. I'm so used to being around the dead, so why is it so much worse being around those staring death in the face?"

It was the first time she ever thought to stop and think about everything. And she wished she hadn't.
Adda Geist
Adda Geist

Back to top Go down

Post by Eloise Rutford Tue May 28, 2013 8:53 pm

Eloise saw Herbert going off again.
"David? Is he coming back!?" She was worried again.

Laura's apology caught her attention again. Eloise shook her head, saying "No no, it's okay" but quickly remembered that wasn't going to work. She took the pen and paper, and noting the apology to Herbert smiled a bit.
Afraid to sit down again, Eloise took it back to the wall and began writing in neat handwriting.

"Yes, but that bear deserved it. It's a shame I think it's alright. We're taking you to your room, it'll be okay." Funnily enough, she couldn't clearly remember what happened either. This uneased her and she rubbed her forehead a bit before handing the note back.
Eloise Rutford
Eloise Rutford

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next