Day One: (Ab)normal Days

Page 10 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Day One: (Ab)normal Days

Post by Laura Besley on Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:34 pm

Laura's usual smile when dealing with others twitched into a frown for a moment, but she quickly corrected herself. However, she was still at a loss for words. "Spices...? I don't even... Whatever. That's not important," she said, trying to change the subject. And she was curious of something else as well.

"So Herb, you didn't happen to get a folder or something from that bear thing at some point, did you?" she asked. It was a little forward, but she was curious beyond caring. What if everyone else had family situations as dire as hers?
Laura Besley

Super High School Level : Dirt Bike Rider

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Asher Reizen on Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:34 pm

Asher had forgotten the folders even existed. Seeing the two on the desk brought back those painful thoughts. He wondered who they belonged to, and hoped the contents were no where near as bad as what he had received.
Asher Reizen

Super High School Level : Carny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by David River on Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:36 pm

He laughed. Really hard. "Warned you!" he managed to choke out, leaning against the wall for support because he was laughing so hard he could barely stand. "W-warned you!"

The second he saw the bear he stopped laughing. Crap it's here. Why is it here. He spotted the folders and connected it to the one Asher was holding.

"What are those?" He asked, pointing back to them.
David River

Super High School Level : Chauffeur

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaden Masters on Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:37 pm

Jaden grunted, but gratefully took Asher's hand and hauled himself up. Standing upright, he rubbed his stomach a bit and frowned. "Who cares? They're probably just letters from your folks. That's what mine were, anyway. Nothing to get excited about." But he wasn't actually so sure. Something about the tension in the area was ominous, and Jaden wondered if only he had such innocent content inside his folder.
Jaden Masters

Super High School Level : Hip-Hop Dancer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Eloise Rutford on Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:39 pm

Eloise appreciated the drumroll, but she hesitated.
She had asked them to do the honor for a reason.

And now, her suspicions concerned, she felt like she made a wise decision. Eloise also had difficulty smothering a bit of laughter, especially with David besides himself. Then of course, the bear came in.
"Yeah. We're not here to see you." She grumbled, wary of stepping inside. With the bear came memories of the execution the day before and all things unpleasant.

Last edited by Eloise Rutford on Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Eloise Rutford

Super High School Level : Disguise Artist

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexander Redman on Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:40 pm

Alexander wanted to say something, but he silently slipped his folder from the countertop down to his lap. Nobody needed to know that, no matter what it was. From what he saw, his blood was boiling. Why now? Why when he was cooped up in this school? For a brief moment, something crossed his face, but he coupled it with his slight anger at Laura.
Besides, he doubted Herbert would reply with nothing otehr than more verbal abuse. Even he was met with some.
But yet again, curiosity killed kings, and he started peeking into the folder on his lap. Well gently caress him sideways in a pool. It wasn't some hallucination, not that he expected it.
Alexander Redman

Super High School Level : Kickboxer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Laura Besley on Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:47 pm

Before letting Herbert respond, Laura peeked past him and noticed Alex with his folder in his lap. "Oh, Al! You got one, huh?" she said, stepping towards him. "The bear gave it to you, right? Wanna tell me what's in it?" Laura realized she was probably being somewhat invasive, but that was alright. If Alex didn't want to tell her what was in his folder, no one was forcing him to. She might as well ask.

"I mean, you don't have to, but I'm just wondering," Laura continued. She innocently twirled her ponytail in her left hand, making a sort of subtle puppy-dog face.
Laura Besley

Super High School Level : Dirt Bike Rider

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adda Geist on Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:48 pm

Adda was concerned for Oscar's hand, but wasn't sure that what was in the little first aid kit would help. Hoping to pull the attention from Oscar and the strange folder, she addressed that issue. "Well, how does your hand feel? Is it itchy, or something else?" She asked, awkwardly. Not like this information would help her- she was no doctor.
Adda Geist

Super High School Level : Occultist

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Oscar Barnes on Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:50 pm

"O-Oh this? Nothing important...As long as you guys are okay" Oscar looked down at the folder in his hands, clearly labelled "Oscar".
His gaze then moved to his left hand, "It's...kind of numb, I think." Oscar frowned, "I don't know I can't feel it...Oh god," his face grew worried.
Oscar Barnes

Super High School Level : Alchemist

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Asher Reizen on Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:51 pm

Asher wanted to say something to the two about to get the folders, but figured it best to not comment much. All he managed to say was, "Take it with a grain of salt, guys... this bear's clearly not stable..." before trailing off and tipping the brim of his hat over his eyes.
Asher Reizen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Eloise Rutford on Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:56 pm

Eventually Eloise gathered her courage and stepped into the fabled Main Office, sidestepping the log. "Well, I don't see any other boobytraps," she remarked, "In fact, there's barely much of anything..."
Which made the folders on the desk all the more obvious. Her name was even scrawled on one and she picked it up. " David! We got mail!" she exclaimed.
Eloise Rutford

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adda Geist on Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:56 pm

Adda thought for a minute before speaking, "Well, I can't promise I'll be much help, but..." She pulled the first aid kit from her bag and took out the ointment, "I'm assuming it's for general treatment, since it's not labeled... anyways, it can't hurt, right? Now hold out your hand!" She smiled.

Last edited by Adda Geist on Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:59 pm; edited 2 times in total
Adda Geist

Super High School Level : Occultist

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by David River on Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:56 pm

The curiosity overcame him and he walked over to grab his folder. "Asher, don't worry. I'm sure it's something cool."
It wasn't exciting, but with all the crazy stuff going on, he felt like Indiana Jones or something. And this was his Holy Grail. Except it was a normal yellow folder.
He opened it - it was a letter from his parents. He smiled a bit and read it carefully. Miss you, see you soon, blah blah blah.
There was an unexpected, - er, forgotten would be a better word - bit at the end though. A reminder. His shoulder slumped.
"...damn. Forgot about..." he laughed a bit, "...that." he sighed and straightened his hat, flipping the page to a picture. He flinched and closed the folder.
"...okay." he sighed and smiled a bit sadly.
David River

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Asher Reizen on Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:58 pm

Now Asher felt like he was overreacting. He smiled nevertheless, happy that his friends didn't get news like his. "Alright! With that out of the way, shall we poke around in here?" he asked.
Asher Reizen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbert Smith on Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:59 pm

Oh thank god she put the pressure off him. he felt sorry for whoever got that clingy-ass lady as a girlfriend or wife. Yeesh.
With the lady off of him for a while, he turned to Alexander. "Oi, yah do have one."
And by the way he was peeking, he probably didn't read it well before, or just gave it a glance.
Herbert Smith

Super High School Level : Game Hunter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaden Masters on Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:03 pm

Jaden stepped forward and patted his classmate on the back. "What's the matter, dude? Got a girl back home you forgot about? Chicks hate when you forget them, y'know." He made a large grin and laughed. Then, he spoke more softly. "Hey, it's not like whatever's in those folders matters right now. First thing's first, we gotta find a way to actually get outta here, right?"

He brought his voice back to its usual volume. "Of course, there's always a chance this is still some elaborate joke. But for real, if it is when the hell is class gonna start? I had to take off filming for this crap, and this happens?" He sighed and put his hands up, shrugging. "Bad luck man, I seem to be teeming with it."

Then he heard Asher's suggestion, which prompted him to move around the room. "Yeah yeah, maybe there's some good stuff in here."
Jaden Masters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Marci Gracidon on Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:03 pm

Marci watched the two do whatever it was they were doing, looking silently at the folder in Oscar's hands. What was that thing? Where did he get it? What was inside? Was it even okay of her to ask? He had seemed pretty unstable.

She sighed. "I wish I could help more, but...this isn't something I really know anything about. I'm sorry."
Marci Gracidon

Super High School Level : Poet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Asher Reizen on Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:05 pm

Following Jaden, Asher began to poke around. Desk phones had wires clearly severed, and there were just monitors- no actual computers. "Nothing over here, you guys find anything?" he asked to no one particularly.
Asher Reizen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Eloise Rutford on Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:07 pm

Eloise ripped open her folder, and shuffled through the letters.
They were several very brief, small letters, all on different colored papers; some lined, some fancy stationary, some construction paper. One was on the back of what looked like a child's math homework. She looked at them with immense concentration. After she found the photos, it became hard for to hold onto all of them, perhaps because her hands were shaking.
"Oh," She sighed, "That's..."
Eloise Rutford

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexander Redman on Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:09 pm

Alex quickly shot his head up when he was called, bumping his folder off his lap and causing the contents to spill onto the floor.

Within an instant, Alex was collecting the papers on the ground, not caring if he caused them to fold over or bunch up. Holy hell did he muck this up. The chair fell behind him with a tumultuous clamor, and he possibly scraped his arm up a little on the table. But for now, he needed to get those papers back.
The papers secure, he looked up with a rather sheepish smile that came out rather guilty and wrong, like a teenager who just got caught masturbating by his parents. There were four little pictures scattered too far out of his arm's reach to get quickly enough, and they weren't really ones he'd care to share.
All of them involving him and a long, black-haired boy about the same age as him. Of course, both of them appeared to be too close for comfort, yet enjoying it. And the last one was probably the worst if taken out of context. Alex remembered that fight. Why did someone have to take a picture of him tackling black-hair to the ground? The proximity and crop made it appear a bit... he wasn't denying anything, though.
Alexander Redman

Super High School Level : Kickboxer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Monobear on Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:11 pm

Monobear was obviously crestfallen by the students' unfriendly remarks.
"You're all here in the main office and yet you don't want to talk to your lovely counselor here? Are you at all concerned about your future?" He grinned as two students opened their envelopes. "I'm sure you all have wonderful plans and things ahead. I'll just be on my way then!" And with that, the bear vanished.
Monobear
Admin

Super High School Level : Despair

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by David River on Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:13 pm

David shook his head and smiled a bit. Jaden was right, it didn't matter right now. It would matter in a few days - then he could figure out what to do. For now, he was okay. It was good. "Thanks." he said with a grin.

He watched the bear leave and rolled his eyes.

He looked at Eloise and frowned. "Hey...I dunno what yours had, but mine wasn't so pretty either. Let's just, uh, forget about whatever we saw in these little folder things? Besides, the bear probably set them up. Definitely set them up." he smiled what he thought was a reassuring smile. He knew the bear hadn't set his own up at the very least, of course. It was much too obvious. He had been waiting for that day for quite some time now.
David River

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaden Masters on Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:19 pm

Jaden moved to the far corner of the room, trying to get away from the others to look by himself. He figured that if he found something interesting, he could show it to the rest of his classmates first and they would probably praise him for the find. The thought drove him to search the room more avidly, whereas in these situations he would usually just sit back and let the others do the busy work.

On the far wall was a large display case. What was in it... trophies? Jaden pressed his face up against the glass and looked inside. Lined up on the shelves were numerous trophies. Awards that previous students had probably won. At the top left shelf the trophies seemed older. Jaden inspected the plaques and as he thought, they went all the way back to the 1920's. "That was a great year for dancing," he mused as he followed the line of trophies chronologically progressing towards the present. "Dang, some of these are impressive. The students that go here really are skilled."

Jaden noticed something strange near the bottom right of the display. Each of the plaques going on from around 5 years ago were all removed, making it impossible to tell when they were won or for what. "What a bummer. I bet they were for something cool, too," he muttered. It was interesting, but not important. Jaden moved on to look for something else.
Jaden Masters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Asher Reizen on Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:20 pm

Asher grew bored of searching the fairly bland room, and decided to just sit in one of the office chairs and spin. While whirling around, eyes closed, he began to contemplate the situation. It's fair to assume at this point the bear is giving these to everyone... but why? Is he trying to make us lose trust? He opened his eyes before speaking, "Well, where shall we head next? Or do you all need to poke around more? Not to rush or anything- not much going on anyways."
Asher Reizen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Oscar Barnes on Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:21 pm

"It's not labelled?" Oscar at first sounded unsure, but decided it was probably not best to leave his hand untreated. He stuck out a quaking hand, whether from shock or toxins we'll never know, and did his best to pull his face into a smile. "Thanks."
His other hand, with the folder, hid behind his back.

He turned his head to face Marci, "It's okay, I mean I should know this stuff..."
Oscar Barnes

Super High School Level : Alchemist

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top