Day 3: (Ab)normal Days

Page 5 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Day 3: (Ab)normal Days

Post by Laura Besley on Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:55 pm

Laura looked back at Adda. She would have liked for Oscar to be there as well, but when she thought about it she didn't really care who she talked to. "Alright, not a problem then! Oscar, make sure you catch up with us later!" She stopped smiling and dropped her voice a bit for the next line. "I'll be expecting you... personally."

With a swish of her hair Laura turned on her crutches and began walking out of the kitchen and then the cafeteria. "Come on girl, you've gotta show me where this library is!"
Laura Besley

Super High School Level : Dirt Bike Rider

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Oscar Barnes on Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:57 pm

"S-sorry!" Oscar flinched away from Laura's crutch, pulling himself away from his reagents and praying they would be there when he got back. The scary driving kid had already taken a water bottle from his stock and he was afraid of losing any more.

But he also had to pick up his book and notes from the cafeteria table.

"I'll...be with you guys in a sec, okay?" He ran off to the tables, turning back a few seconds later to grab his now cold waffles, and continued. Laura's ominous statement made his pace quicken.
Oscar Barnes

Super High School Level : Alchemist

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbert Smith on Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:58 pm

"Naw, I wanna take some of the fish in the cafeteria." The hunter snorted, dusting his hands off. "I suppose I could easily fit at least three in there."

"Of course, I need ta get tha stuff ta make sure they don't die. Ain't no use raisin' fish if they gonna die inna day."
Herbert Smith

Super High School Level : Game Hunter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Marci Gracidon on Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:58 pm

She nodded, understanding what he was saying a bit. "That makes sense...this place looks open and barren to me. Like there's nothing to do, and libraries looked filled with worlds and possibilities. Does that make sense?" She laughed. "And yes, of course libraries have chairs. Sometimes, if you're lucky, they have bookshelves too."
Marci Gracidon

Super High School Level : Poet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adda Geist on Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:59 pm

Adda shot a confused and slightly angry look to Laura for a split second, though it wasn't quite as intimidating as she had thought it would be, considering it was only one eye. Then again, maybe that made her seem even more tough, like a pirate. She smiled, then started walking slowly so that Oscar wouldn't have to go to far to catch up.
"It's not that far!" She smiled again.

Adda Geist

Super High School Level : Occultist

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Asher Reizen on Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:02 pm

"I'd love to experience it for myself, though it feels like quite the commitment, reading a book! So much writing the author poured blood, sweat, and tears into, feel like I'm responsible to absorb every word there," he shrugged. This conversation was going nowhere.
"Well, you've gotta do some stuff other than read, right?"
Asher Reizen

Super High School Level : Carny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Eloise Rutford on Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:04 pm

Eloise was holding something in her hand. "Is this a filter?"

David's tripping made her snicker a bit, thank god for his comic relief. With her other hand she extended it as a support.
"What exactly...do you need so the fish don't die?" She turned to Herbert now, curious.
Eloise Rutford

Super High School Level : Disguise Artist

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by David River on Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:04 pm

"Alright..." he thought for a second. "Would it make sense to get the fish tank into your room first, then get all the water and fish and stuff? How are we even gonna move the fish, anyway? Don't they eat meat or something? I don't want them eatin' me." He figured that was too many questions, but he didn't really care.
David River

Super High School Level : Chauffeur

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Laura Besley on Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:05 pm

Laura was ahead of Adda so she didn't notice the look the other girl gave her. She stopped for a moment outside the cafeteria to pull out her Electronic Student ID, and tapped the screen a few times until she got to the map interface.

"Alright, so this Library you nerds keep talking about is... straight across this hall." Laura gauged the distance from the cafeteria doors to the library. She estimated it to be about 50 yards away. "Wanna race?" she asked, turning to face Adda.
Laura Besley

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adda Geist on Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:07 pm

Adda was confused. "You're going to race... on crutches?" She had never been athletic, but figured there was virtually no chance to lose. "Alright, fine! You're on." She stepped up next to Laura, waiting for her to move first.
Adda Geist

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbert Smith on Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:09 pm

Herbert looked up, squinting from above his sunglasses. "Eh, looks loike some doohickey." he said.

'An' Ah know ta get tha tank in forst! Chroist, I know what I'm doin'!" he hissed, turning back to the tank and scooting over. "Someone try grabbin that side."
Herbert Smith

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Oscar Barnes on Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:10 pm

Oscar had grabbed his book now and was heading out to the hallway. With every step he took he began to question whether he really wanted to go with his almost-murderer. He then remembered that he left Adda alone with her and became more anxious.
Soon enough he was running towards them.

"Hey! Guys! I'm back, uh-" Oscar was already out of breath. What were they doing?
Oscar Barnes

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Marci Gracidon on Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:11 pm

"Erm..." she thought for a moment. "I mean, I write, but...that's obvious..."

A lightbulb went off. "I like watching people. Every little thing about every person is just interesting, you know?" she nodded. "It's where I get most of my inspiration, you could say." An idea was coming to her. She smiled - she needed to write this down but her room was a bit away. She just tried to commit to to memory as much as possible.
Marci Gracidon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by David River on Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:14 pm

David walked over and grabbed the other side of the tank. "Alright, I got it. I think?...Yep, I got it. Ready when you are!"
David River

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Laura Besley on Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:14 pm

Laura blinked at Adda, confused. "You're waiting for me to go first? I'm already at an unfair advantage," she said. "We'll go on the count of three. One..." Laura tensed. She thought about how she would race with crutches. "Two..." She couldn't practice anything fancy, she'd just have to be fast. "Three!"

Not waiting to check if Adda was racing next to her, Laura shot forward. Even on crutches, she was a force to be reckoned with in a race. The impact of the crutches on the ground seemed to propel her forward with extra force, and each stride kept her off the ground for what seemed like an entire second.
Laura Besley

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Asher Reizen on Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:15 pm

Marci was starting to act kinda...weird. "I mean, I guess I get what you're saying... though usually I'm the one people are staring at," he sighed a bit. "Kinda wish my life was so dynamic as people like you."
Asher Reizen

Super High School Level : Carny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Eloise Rutford on Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:15 pm

"A doohickey, roight..." Eloise looked at the doohickey for a moment before tossing it over her shoulder. She couldn't help but try and imitate Herbert's accent a little.

"'Ey! Wait! What can I do?" She was getting left out of the action, and she was not at all pleased.
Eloise Rutford

Super High School Level : Disguise Artist

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adda Geist on Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:17 pm

Adda's mouth fell open. She started to regret this decision, but regardless, she sprung forward. Her motion was a bit awkward, more so skipping than running- in her head, at least, it made her feel like she was covering more ground this way. She started to feel like the winner of this race was obviously not her.
Adda Geist

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Marci Gracidon on Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:20 pm

She snapped back into reality when Asher started talking. "E-er...sorry, t-that probably sounded really, really weird." She laughed a little and looked down.

"I'm just sort of...boring, so I like being around interesting people. That makes more sense, surely?" She sighed, suddenly wanted to bolt out. This had to be what Oscar felt like for all of eternity. She suddenly felt a load of sympathy for her friend.
Marci Gracidon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Oscar Barnes on Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:20 pm

Oscar lifted his hand up a bit. "G-Guys?!"

He was half afraid they were tryign to leave him behind. Laura's feat of speed was terrifying to watch and Oscar tried to propel himself down the hall as well.
"Wait up!" He tumbled after them. A paper slips out of his book, and he tries to catch it in midair, causing him to make an awkward spin. He also trips. "G-guys!"
Oscar Barnes

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbert Smith on Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:22 pm

David wasn't the man he expected to actually help him with lifting, but it happened. "A'igh," he said, "Go!"
he started to lift the corner of the tank and pulling it out. The weight wasn't that bad, but he knew he could only hold it up.

"E-Ellenna! See if you can find a cart o' somethin! This moight be too heavy!" he said, trying to keep the weight from smashing down onto his foot before he found out how much David could lift.
Herbert Smith

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Laura Besley on Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:24 pm

While running, Laura was so in her zone that she didn't even notice when she passed the library. Was Adda still nearby? She couldn't tell, and didn't bother to look back. It was only when she approached the doors to the gym that she was snapped back into reality. "Oops!" She skidded on her crutches to a halt, and regained her spacial awareness. Looking behind her, she realized Adda was still running towards the library.

Embarrassed, Laura turned around and, not quite as quickly, made her way back to the library entrance. "Sorry about that!" she said. resting her left crutch against the wall so she could wipe her forehead with her hand. Then she noticed the fumbling chubby kid at the end of the hall. "Uh, what's Wheezy doing back there?"
Laura Besley

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Monobear on Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:24 pm

"Hey! What are you bastards doing! No running in the halls, this is a school, not some racetrack!"
The familiar voice of Monobear echoed through the halls. For some reason, he was standing at the end of the hall that led to the dorms,or right across from the library.
"Take it to the gym if you guys gotta run! To think you might trip and hurt yourselves. Oh wait, seems like that already happened, upupupupu..." he trailed off, rubbing his bear-chin and giving Laura a passing gaze.
Monobear
Admin

Super High School Level : Despair

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adda Geist on Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:26 pm

Adda slowed as she approached the library, and her smile faded when she saw the bear. She frowned.
"Surely you'd want us to run though, right? Or else it wouldn't be fun for you," she came to a stop as she said this.
"Do you need something? I doubt it's 6 yet."
Adda Geist

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by David River on Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:30 pm

He hoisted it up, gasping at how much it weight. "O-oh jeez, alright!" He quickly adjusted the way he stood and raised it up to where Herbert was holding it.

It was heavy, but he was used to carrying around luggage all the time for random, annoying people who carried what was apparently rocks in their suitcases just to apparently watch him struggle. It was still pretty heavy, though, and his arms wobbled a bit under the weight. "A cart would be appreciated, agree!" he said hastily.
David River

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top