Dangan-ssassination
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Day 3: (Ab)normal Days

+5
Oscar Barnes
David River
Herbert Smith
Adda Geist
Monobear
9 posters

Page 11 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

Day 3: (Ab)normal Days - Page 11 Empty Re: Day 3: (Ab)normal Days

Post by Eloise Rutford Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:34 pm

Eloise gave her a blank stare. She seemed to be processing something.

When the subject turned to jell-o, she finally answered. Marci's words were just what she wanted to hear. "Of course they're fakes. So is anything else he shows us." She glanced around, her shoulders in a shrugging motion, "I'd say we're not even in the real school." Her lips were still trembling slightly.
Eloise Rutford
Eloise Rutford

Super High School Level : Disguise Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbert Smith Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:34 pm

"Boring? I hunted all day! I donno what yah did all day, but ain't nothin' better'n hunting!" Herbert bristled, getting up off his beanbag. Someone was shouting about food, so he angrily stalked towards where he heard it coming from.
It better be good cake, he thought angrily.
Herbert Smith
Herbert Smith

Super High School Level : Game Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Asher Reizen Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:36 pm

Asher glanced over his shoulder towards Laura as she ran off, but let her go. Instead, he continued into the library, cake in tow, and walked over to the table where the girls were, placing the cake and silverware down with an honest smile. He thought he was doing a great service, bringing a bit of cheer to the otherwise gloomy High School of Mutual Killing. Thought.
Asher Reizen
Asher Reizen

Super High School Level : Carny

Back to top Go down

Post by Laura Besley Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:36 pm

As she approached the gymnasium, Laura raised her left crutch and pounded it against the push plate. She meandered in and leaned against the wall near the door, then slumped down, letting her crutches fall down besides her.

"It isn't fair," she muttered to herself. "I bet they all have happy siblings that they don't have to worry about... Alex didn't know how lucky he was, having a brother-like bond with someone! He probably didn't even care about him!"

On the verge of throwing a fit, Laura balled her hand into a fist and slammed it against the ground. "I've got to get out of here..."
Laura Besley
Laura Besley

Super High School Level : Dirt Bike Rider

Back to top Go down

Post by David River Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:37 pm

He pouted. "I wasn't talking about you. I was talking about goddamn Alexander Hamilton." he pointed to his book and grinned. "Duh." He noticed the cake (was it brown?) and, not wanting to be left alone, headed over.

"Cake? Hey, I'm up for cake, man."
David River
David River

Super High School Level : Chauffeur

Back to top Go down

Post by Adda Geist Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:41 pm

Adda turned from Marci and Eloise, glancing at Asher and his cake. Something seemed off, but all she could see was the frosting. In fairness to Asher, it could be difficult to frost a cake well sometimes.
"So, what flavor is it?" She was curious, since the grey frosting dripping down it hid the cake itself.
Adda Geist
Adda Geist

Super High School Level : Occultist

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbert Smith Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:42 pm

Herbert shook his head. He didn't want to answer to David anymore. It was probably going to turn him into a screaming mess. Perhaps he could take out his latent anger on other parties. "Oi, carny." He growled, pulling a chair over with an audible noise, 'Where's tha cake and what's that thing?"
Herbert Smith
Herbert Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by Oscar Barnes Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:42 pm

Oscar was within range of the cake table. He perked up slightly from his work and without even thinking found himself drawn to the table. It had been a long time since he'd seen a cake. He could remember though, it was his sister's last birthday; funfetti. God it felt years longer than just a few months.

"W-What's this for?" He asked, now aware that he was out of his seat and surrounded by classmates.
Oscar Barnes
Oscar Barnes

Super High School Level : Alchemist

Back to top Go down

Post by Asher Reizen Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:45 pm

Asher was happy to see people express interest in his cake. After all, he spent a good twenty minutes or so putting it together. He spread his arms wide, indicating to the cake next rested on the table.
"This here is the cake! I apologize for the unsightly frosting, but my friends back home made it seem a whole lot easier to make rainbow frosting! I guess it wound up being a chocolate cake in the end," he rested an arm on Oscar's shoulder and smiled. "Who needs a reason for cake? Let's just dig in! One carny can't polish this off on his own!"
Asher Reizen
Asher Reizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbert Smith Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:50 pm

"I don't think ah saw chocolate," Herbert mumbled, but shrugged his doubts away. Maybe he wasn't looking where the flour and other baking things would be. All he cooked was on a grill, and bloody.
But looks like the thing was a cake. Who could mess up on icing, though? Probably someone like him, so he only congratulated Asher on his initiative to actually do it. Can't improve if you don't know what failure looked like.
Why did that phrase unsettle him?
Herbert Smith
Herbert Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by Oscar Barnes Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:55 pm

Oscar's reaction to Asher's arm on his shoulder was squishing his head into his other shoulder, like an ostrich burying its head in the sand.
"It looks...great," Oscar wasn't entirely sure how to describe the cake. It was interesting.
And then of course it occurs to him that cakes are made in kitchens and his stuff was in the kitchen and oh no.
He fidgeted awkwardly, now wanting desperately to assess the damage made to his stock.
Oscar Barnes
Oscar Barnes

Back to top Go down

Post by Marci Gracidon Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:57 pm

She looked oddly at the cake. "It's...it's not the prettiest, but you made do. Good job...I think? I...I'll pass on a slice I...I'm not a fan of cake." A small lie, but that cake didn't exactly look and/or smell like something she wanted to be eating at the moment.
Marci Gracidon
Marci Gracidon

Super High School Level : Poet

Back to top Go down

Post by Adda Geist Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:59 pm

Adda felt bad, watching everyone silently deject the cake, even if for safety reasons. Still, though hesitantly, she moved in and cut a small slice. The consistency was strange. She began to regret the decision. But there was no backing down now.
Adda Geist
Adda Geist

Back to top Go down

Post by Eloise Rutford Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:05 pm

"Cake?"
Eloise didn't feel like cake at all. She found herself torn between shutting herself off in her room and joining in, but she decided that she'd probably be happier with some company.

"Asher, that looks delicious!" She gave a little white lie, "I'm totally full, though. Ahaha." She smiled and sat back in a chair at the table.
Eloise Rutford
Eloise Rutford

Super High School Level : Disguise Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbert Smith Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:05 pm

"Psh. Ain't as bad as some of the things ah tried. Never try eatin' a bear's stomach. Not the best idea." Herbert chuckled to himself, cutting himself a large slice. "But it's noice to have a little sweet thing now'n then. Ain't life without a little indulgence, roight?"
He was't really paying attention to the cake as he took his slice, trying to gauge the reactions of his classmates.
Herbert Smith
Herbert Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by Asher Reizen Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:08 pm

Asher's smile beamed. "I get it's not exactly a festive day, but eh! Gotta live every day like it's your last, right?" he hadn't thought before saying that. He laughed sheepishly, then cut a piece for himself and began to eat. It... wasn't quite right. But, everyone's got a unique recipe, and he decided it wasn't unpalatable.
However, to others' standards it would be very much unpalatable.
Asher Reizen
Asher Reizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbert Smith Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:13 pm

After Asher took a bite and seemed okay, Herbert began to shovel his own slice. Aftera second, he pulled his head back, a look of surprise on his face. He looked around, trying to see if anyone was watching him, especially Asher. He didn't want to say it wasn't really... cake per se. The kid looked like there was nothing wrong with it. Maybe his taste buds were shot from all the times he ate raw meat? And it definitely wasn't as bad as some of the things he put in his mouth before. He surreptitiously tried to wipe the look from his face and finish what was on his plate.
Herbert Smith
Herbert Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by Oscar Barnes Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:15 pm

Oscar cut himself a sample, a piece that resembled a jigsaw puzzle piece more than a slice. He was usually more precise with these things but Oscar was still distracted. Asher's comment didn't help much either.

"Mmmm..." Oscar took a bite, "...Mmmmphbht" He choked a bit. Not wanting Asher to get suspicious he took another sheepish bite. "Mmm! Cake!"

Last edited by Oscar Barnes on Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Oscar Barnes
Oscar Barnes

Back to top Go down

Post by Adda Geist Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:16 pm

Adda took a bite from the cake, and had to quickly suppress the look of shock. She swallowed heavily, hoping Asher wouldn't notice. She put the slice down on the table.
"Sorry, I guess I'm stiill not up to really flavorful things yet," she smiled. She hoped the excuse would work, she didn't want to hurt his feelings, but also really didn't want to have to finish that cake slice.
Adda Geist
Adda Geist

Back to top Go down

Post by Monobear Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:18 pm

Ding dong ding

Alright you bastards, it's 6 pm! Get your sorry asses to the auditorium! Here I thought I didn't have to remind you like some grade schoolers! You're high school students, for chrissake!
Monobear
Monobear
Admin

Super High School Level : Despair

Back to top Go down

Post by Asher Reizen Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:19 pm

Asher payed no mind to the looks the others gave. He quickly finished his slice, then smiled nostalgically.
"I've never actually baked before, though that's probably hard to believe. Millie always did the kitchen stuff back home, and boy did she make a mean cake. Or anything really," he smiled. "Well, I don't expect you guys to need to voice your opinions, and I get ya, ghost gal! I have a good guess as to what you thought about it!" He winked.

He looke up, as if there was something to see. "Guess you all can get some cake later then!" And with that, he began to leave the room and head towards the auditorium.
Asher Reizen
Asher Reizen

Back to top Go down

Post by David River Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:19 pm

He cut himself a piece and took a bite. He gagged nearly immediately and swallowed quickly, trying to get the disgusting taste out of his mouth. He coughed for a few seconds straight and pushed the plate away from him meekly.
"H-hey buddy. I hate to be rude, but maybe you should stick to your Carny thin-" the announcement cut him off and he flinched, listening closely.

"A...ah, we gotta go. Let's hurry up, then..." He stood up quickly, glad to be freed from the cake, and headed off.
David River
David River

Super High School Level : Chauffeur

Back to top Go down

Post by Adda Geist Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:20 pm

Adda was thankful for the excuse to leave the cake. She turned to Oscar and Marci.
"You guys wanna sit together, or..."
Adda Geist
Adda Geist

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbert Smith Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:22 pm

Herbert quickly put his own plate down and hurried out, making a quick detour to spit into a trash can and make some very disgruntled noises. Was the kid trying to poison him? He was suddenly on edge. They still were in this school. It's not like the game ended. To think he dropped his guard so quickly...
He finally took his usual place in the auditorium- the seat in the back closest to the door.
Herbert Smith
Herbert Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by Marci Gracidon Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:24 pm

"Of course," she said simply. "Let's go, then. Best not to be late." She led the book club out and headed for the auditorium - thankfully, it wasn't a long walk.
Marci Gracidon
Marci Gracidon

Super High School Level : Poet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next